The Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships are the Australian Government’s internationally competitive, merit-based scholarship programme that provides up to AUD$272,500 for study, research or professional development opportunities between Australia and the world. The programme builds Australia’s reputation for excellence in education, supports the internationalization of the Australian higher education and research sectors, and offers high-achieving individuals opportunities to increase their knowledge and expertise in their field.
The Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships form part of the Australia Awards initiative established in 2009, which brings together under one banner scholarships offered by the Department of Education (the Department), Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, and the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research. The Department has engaged a contractor to provide post-selection support services to all recipients including: a dedicated case manager; pre-departure briefings; provision of advice on health, travel insurance, accommodation, and security; payment of allowances; and reporting to the Department on the recipient’s progress.
Additionally, all recipients will receive:
- $3,000 travel allowance (Provision to pay up to $4,500 under special circumstances)
- $2,000 (for fellowships) or $4,000 (for scholarships) establishment allowance
- $3,000 monthly stipend (paid up to the maximum programme duration on a pro-rata basis)
- tuition (see table here), including student service and amenities fees (paid up to the maximum programme duration on a pro-rata basis)
- health insurance for the full programme duration (OSHC for non-Australians)
- travel insurance (excluding during programme for non-Australians)
Eligibility: To apply you must be from a participating country and region, and have obtained acceptance to an Australian University of your choice. Please see the Applications Page for further information on the application process, required materials, and deadlines.