Books, movies, software -- the Libraries have it all (and it's all FREE)! Stop by for a series of 15-minute "life hacks" with librarian Caro Bratnober and learn to get the research materials you need at no cost. Life hacks include:
- Streaming -- make the library your personal Netflix
- Zotero: a free app, like iTunes for books, that makes one-click citations
- Navigating the CLIO Catalog to find your course books and fun reads
- Delivery from other libraries if Columbia doesn't have something
- Newspapers (like free NYTimes.com access and more)
- "Lightning Round" -- ten 1-minute mini-hacks to save time and money
Stay for just one or two, or settle in for all six, from 1:45 to 3:30pm. Bring your own laptop/tablet/smartphone for hands-on practice (optional) or just watch. The libraries are here to support YOU so bring all your library questions and make sure to reach out to them at library.columbia.edu! See you in the Libraries!
All attendees will be entered into a raffle to win $25 dollars in flex, 2 winners will be selected!
Columbia 101 is a biweekly program series designed for first year undergraduate students in Columbia College and the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences to learn about a variety of resources available at Columbia. The Residential Life Staff within the First Year Area will partner with a variety of departments across campus and bring them into the residence halls to host discussion based workshops.
Registration is strongly encouraged!