Starting at top left and reading clockwise, zoom in and enjoy the illustrated ideas of some favorite CC philosophers (listed below, along with their works read in today’s syllabus).
• John Stuart Mill (On Liberty, Utilitarianism and Other Essays)
• Thomas Hobbes (Leviathan)
• Plato (Republic)
• Karl Marx (The Marx-Engels Reader)
• St. Augustine (City of God, Confessions)
• W.E.B. Du Bois (The Souls of Black Folk)
• Jean-Jacques Rousseau (Discourse on Inequality and Social Contract)
and Frederick Douglass
• Mahatma Ghandi (Hind Swaraj)
• Rene Descartes (Discourse on Method and Meditations on First Philosophy)
and Al-Ghazali (The Rescuer from Error)
Published three times a year by Columbia College for alumni, students, faculty, parents and friends.
Columbia Alumni Center
622 W. 113th St., MC 4530, 4th Fl.
New York, NY 10025