Role and Responsibilities
As Director of Undergraduate Studies for your department or program, your role is to coordinate the academic advising and administration necessary to support the academic experience of Columbia College undergraduates and as such you have a have a range of responsibilities:
- Providing academic advising to majors in such areas as program planning, study abroad, and options available to majors after graduation;
- Overseeing your department’s undergraduate curriculum;
- Participating in and coordinating events and opportunities that connect students with faculty;
- Acting as liaison between the department and the College administration;
- Providing to the faculty Committee on Honors, Awards and Prizes evaluations of students eligible for Valedictorian and Salutatorian, College Honors (summa cum laude, magna cum laude, and cum laude), Departmental Honors, and Phi Beta Kappa;
- Participating in important College events such as the Academic Resources Fair, the Academic Awards and Prizes Ceremony and Reception, and Class Day.