Life as a Columbia College student is about more than just world-class academic offerings. Offices across the University support and assist College students from their first moments on campus until their last steps at Commencement. Upon graduation, students remain connected to the College through a range of programming and services offered through Columbia College Alumni Affairs and other offices.
Undergraduate Student Life aims to connect, engage, and support students through a variety of unique and complementary programs and oversees various aspects of student life, including the New Student Orientation Program (NSOP), Residential Life, Multicultural Affairs, and Student Engagement.
The James H. and Christine Turk Berick Center for Student Advising (CSA) provides an integrated advising experience for all students in Columbia College, bringing together, general academic advising, Academic Success Programs, the Columbia Undergraduate Scholars Program (CUSP), and the Office of Preprofessional Advising. Students are assigned a CSA adviser who works with them throughout their time at Columbia.
- Athletics is home to the Columbia Lions, a series of Division 1 sports teams, as well as Dodge Fitness Center, physical education classes, intramural and club sports teams, and administration of the swim test, a graduation requirement for all College students.
- The Center for Career Education helps students and alumni develop the key competencies necessary to make informed decisions and take the necessary steps to achieve their career goals. CCE establishes connections and facilitates interaction among undergraduate students, graduate students, alumni, employers, and organizations to generate opportunities that help students pursue their personal and professional objectives.
- Dining Services provides nutritional food at multiple food environments across campus, from cafés to dining halls.
- Financial Aid & Educational Financing works with students in Columbia College and their families in developing a plan to pay for college.
- The Center for Undergraduate Global Engagement connects students with international educational opportunities, empowering students to cultivate new knowledge and gain the skills needed to be active and informed citizens of our global community. The OGP Fellowships Office supports Columbia undergraduates in exploring and applying for internal, national, and international fellowships.
- Columbia Health offers access to medical providers, therapists, psychiatrists, disability specialists, health promotion specialists, nutritionists and peer counselors who work to keep the Columbia student body healthy in both mind and body.