UNIVERSITY ARCHIVES, RARE BOOK & MANUSCRIPT LIBRARY, COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES
Take a stroll back in time with this vintage illustration of campus from 1915. As part of West 116th Street, College Walk was still an active route for vehicles (it was rezoned as a pedestrian walkway in 1953), and Dodge Hall and Miller Theatre were not yet built. The Superintendent’s House, a remnant of the campus’s former life as the Bloomingdale Insane Asylum (before Columbia moved to Morningside Heights in 1897) is visible in front of Lewisohn. The house was torn down in 1922 to make way for Dodge.