At the beginning of each semester, the Center for the Core Curriculum accepts petitions from students who would like to make changes to their Core registration and are unable to do so in SSOL. The Core petition period always takes place during the first three days of the semester.
2023-2024 Core Petition Periods
- Fall 2023: 12:00 a.m. EST, September 5 through 11:59 p.m. EST, September 7
- Spring 2024: 12:00 a.m. EST, Tuesday, January 16 through 11:59 p.m. EST, Thursday, January 18
The Core Petition Form will become available during the Fall and Spring petition period windows.
Students who would like to make changes to their University Writing registration should follow the Undergraduate Writing Program’s petition process.
Students should visit the relevant departmental offices for registration inquiries regarding the Science requirement, the Global Core requirement, the Foreign Language requirement, and the Physical Education requirement.
Core Petitions Guidelines
- Petitions may only be submitted for Literature Humanities, Contemporary Civilization, Frontiers of Science, Art Humanities, and Music Humanities. For all other courses, please refer to the registration and/or petition instructions provided by the departments responsible for the course.
- Petitions may only be submitted during the designated petition period.
- Petitions must be submitted only using the online form linked above; requests submitted by email cannot be processed.
- Petitions may only be submitted once. Any further changes to a student’s registration must be completed by the student in SSOL.
- Petitions may only be used to change the day and/or time of a student’s section; requests for specific instructors or section numbers will not be considered.
- Petitions for Art Humanities and Music Humanities may only be submitted by juniors and seniors.
Students with questions about Core petitions should refer to the Core FAQs page or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.