The joint Columbia College-General Studies Committee on Instruction must review any course which
- Is new; or
- Has been changed in content, title, course level, course type, requirements, or instructor; or
- Has not been taught for five or more years.
Effective beginning with courses to be taught in Fall 2017, course approval requests must be submitted via the Course Inventory Management (CIM) system:
Specific dates for submission will be communicated each semester, but generally the following timeline applies:
- Fall courses - 15 March submission (or first business day thereafter)
- Spring courses - 15 October submission (or first business day thereafter)
- Summer courses - 21 November submission (or first business day thereafter)
These deadlines are to ensure that courses may be reviewed and entered into the Directory of Classes/Vergil in time for the early registration periods each semester. Departments are very much encouraged to submit courses for review prior to these deadlines.
The CC-GS COI is jointly staffed by Lisa Hollibaugh, Dean of Academic Planning and Administration for Columbia College, and Victoria Rosner, Dean of Academic Affairs for the School of General Studies. Both can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.