Proposing a new course
The joint Columbia College-General Studies Committee on Instruction must approve any course which
- Is new; or
- Has been changed in content, title, course level, course type, requirements, or instructor; or
- Has not been taught for five or more years.
Complete course approval requests for Columbia College and the School of General Studies must contain the following:
- Course approval form, completed by both the course instructor, the relevant faculty representative of the department, and the ADA;
- Course syllabus:
- Curriculum Vitae of the instructor only if the course is taught by an adjunct instructor or a visiting faculty member.
Course approval requests should be submitted electronically to the joint CC-GS COI at firstname.lastname@example.org. Specific dates for submission will be communicated each semester, but generally the following timeline applies:
- Fall courses - March submission
- Spring courses - October submission
- Summer courses - November submission
The CC-GS COI is jointly staffed by Hazel May, Senior Associate Dean of Academic Affairs for Columbia College, and Victoria Rosner, Coordinator of Academic Affairs for the School of General Studies. Both can be contacted by emailing email@example.com.